About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Welding Technology Review is an open access, peer-reviewed journal published monthly by the Society of Polish Mechanical Engineers and Technicians since 1928. The scope covers a wide range of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science topics related to joining processes. The journal accepts regular scientific papers (original research articles and review papers) related to research and technology development of the broadly understood joining engineering. We welcome both experimental and theoretical papers on all aspects of materials joining, including welding, brazing, soldering, surfacing, thermal cutting and testing of the joints of advanced structure or functional mat
The Welding Technology Review is a monthly specialist Open Access journal published by the Society of Polish Mechanical Engineers and Technicians since 1928 (formerly "Przegląd Spawalnictwa").
The first editor-in-chief was Professor Zygmunt Dobrowolski, creator and first head of the Welding department at the Warsaw University of Technology. He managed the editorial office until 1952. Then, the editors were headed by Stefan Mirowski (1953-1954); Edward A. Juffy M.Sc. Eng. (1955-1977); Stefan Katarzyński M.Sc. Eng. (1977-1978); Leszek Buczyński M.Sc. Eng.(1978-1990); Professor Jan Pilarczyk - Director of Welding Institute in Gliwice (1990-2006); Professor Jerzy Nowacki - Head of Welding Department at West Pomeranian University of Technology (2006-2014). From 2014, the function of the editor-in-chief is exercised by prof. Tomasz Chmielewski - Director of Institute of Manufacturing Technologies at Warsaw University of Technology.
The magazine has been published for over 92 years with a short break during the Second World War.
The ambition of the current editors team is to include the journal to reputable databases indexing scientific journals.
There are no fees or charges for authors for manuscript processing and/or publishing materials in the journal Welding Technology Review
Peer Review Process
Basic principles of peer review in the journal "Welding Technology Review"
1. Two independent reviewers are appointed for each manuscript submitted by the author/s for publication in the journal.
2. The reviewers are not affiliated with institution of the author of the work.
3. Authors and reviewers do not know each other’s identities (the journal applies the so-called "double-blind peer review").
4. The review is done via an electronic form and ends with a clear recommendation as to the admission of the article for publication or its correction, or rejection.
5. Publication requirements or a possible decision to reject the article together with the review form are sent to the author.
6. The names of the reviewers of individual publications are not disclosed, but at the end of each year the journal makes the list of all the reviewers active in a given year available to the public.
Authors are obliged to participate in peer review process.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are requested to ensure their submission's compliance with the following requirements:
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is currently submitted to another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is 13 pt-spaced; uses a 10-point font; employs italics rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate places rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines,
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions regarding Ensuring a Blind Reviewhave been followed.
Please note that submissions which do not adhere to the journal guidelines and standard publishing requirements may be returned to the author.